Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Day 12 - Belize

Sadly, we parted ways this morning.  The boys went home and Mom flew to Punta Gorda.  In the airport, we each gave our top 4 activities from our trip.  Here they are in no specific order.
Nathan: cave tubing, Rio on Pools, snorkeling, jumping off the pier, seeing the jaguars
Evan: cave tubing, Rio on Pools, snorkeling, climbing to the top of the highest temple at Xunantunich
Adam: snorkeling, Rio on Pools, cave tubing, Xunantunich
Holly: Tikal, cave tubing, Rio on Pools, snorkeling


Mom is going to start blogging so that we can follow her trip.  This will last only as long as the internet connection.
Don't let its location on the map fool you.  Punta Gorda (or PG as the locals call it) is not a beach paradise.  I am staying at the nicest hotel that I've seen in town and feel like I'm back in the days of traveling through central Mexico and staying in rooms for less than $10 a night.  The only difference is that I have my own bathroom (and the price).  Also, there is no beach here, though most of town, including my hotel, is set on the Gulf of Honduras.  I took a walk along a dirt road at the edge of town and found a gem of a restaurant nestled between the houses and built right over the water.

I am posting a few pictures of the airport for Evan and Nathan to see.
P.S. Evan, did you remember to add tarantula to your list of animals that we saw?  I forgot to post it from our hike to the cave.

The runway at the PG airport

The terminal

The pilots watching the ground 'crew' pull the plane into place

My view for lunch




1 comment:

  1. Holly, It must have been so hard to part after such a wonderful time with the family. I'm sure you are going to miss them terribly. Good luck in you new??? old??? surroundings. Again, thanks for sharing your experiences. It is much appreciated. Love, Pam (aka) Oma

    ReplyDelete