Friday, September 16, 2016

Happy 9th Birthday, Evan!



Happy birthday, Evan!  You are growing up to be such a good kid.  This year I have received several messages and emails from people I don't even know (parents of kids in your class) to tell me what a nice kid you are and how you have shown kindness to their children.  There is nothing that could make me prouder.  You are a sports fanatic.  You play on a team every season.  You're killing it (your words) on the soccer field these days.  Your friend, Tavis is always by your side on every sports field.  You don't like to lose, but you are a good teammate and always give credit to the kids who are playing well and trying hard.  We play A LOT of backyard baseball, and Miss Pat goes outside every morning to throw back the balls that we hit into her yard.  You are killing it (my words this time) in school, too.  You are a voracious reader.  Yesterday we went to the library at 5:30, and you had your 236 page chapter book finished before you went to bed.  You tell me that you don't enjoy math, but you spend your days spewing out facts and doing division, multiplication in your head for everyday conversation that amazes me.  Your grandpa is also impressed with the amount of history you know, which ought to make Uncle Joe pleased, too.  You love to tinker with legos and cars and you build very involved creations with intricate details.  You don't miss a thing in your observation of people, behaviors, and things, and it shows in your creative play, art, and conversations.  Can I say it again?  You're a great kid and we are so proud to be your parents!

1 comment:

  1. Evan, your Mom forgot to mention that you are also an awesome grandson. I marvel at your accomplishments and caring personality and love your inquisitive questions. I cherish the times I have with you and your brother. Love, Oma

    ReplyDelete