Saturday, March 11, 2017

Guatemala - Day 1

An open letter to Evan and Nathan.

Dear Evan and Nathan,

     After a very long overnight flight (but not nearly as long as Dad's trip to Thailand last week), we arrived in Guatemala this morning and immediately took off on the three+ hour drive to Rio El Hondo in the Zacapa district of Guatemala (in purple on the map).

     We had some down time in the afternoon.  It is hot here!  We immediately cooled off in the pool. These are the five students who are with me. 
     
     We had a lovely sunset.  We will jump into patient care tomorrow so I will have a lot more to write about.
     I may be a day or two behind on the blog.  Our internet connection is very unpredictable.  It took 15 minutes just to load these pictures and this is my third try trying to do it. 
     Great job on your soccer games yesterday!  Dad said you both played well.  I miss you!
Love, Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment